Information for Parents
ARE YOU ONLY FOR ECU STUDENTS?
- Although we are not affiliated with East Carolina University, we attract a lot of student renters due to our proximity to campus and lease setup - not to mention our fierce school spirit - Go Pirates!
HOW CLOSE ARE YOU TO THE UNIVERSITY?
- We are a stone's throw to the academic core of East Carolina University (ECU). Since we are located along East 10th Street, we are closest to the College of Business, the College of Engineering and Technology, and the School of Music.
- Soon we will be one of the closest off-campus housing to the new student center. You can read more about this construction project here.
ARE YOU PET-FRIENDLY?
- Yes! We welcome pets. There is a one-time pet fee of $300 and monthly pet rent of $30. Not sure if your pet is allowed? Call our office!
IS THERE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION?
- Yes! East Carolina University bus lines run along East 10th Street throughout the day. Summer Routes: 701 Purple runs until 1:30 p.m. Between 1:30 and 5:30 p.m. you can catch the 755.
- Don’t forget we are also a pick-up/drop-off location for ECU’s SafeRide which operates Monday through Friday 6pm - 12am and Saturday & Sunday 8pm - 12am. For more info on ECU transit options, visit their website.
IS THERE A PARK NEARBY?
- Yes! University Park attributes its name to its proximity to Elm Street Park. It is literally in our backyard! You can skip across the bridge to access the baseball fields, playground and picnic areas. There are also lawn game courts – shuffleboard, horseshoes and bocce!
- Green Mill Run Greenway runs along our property line and is perfect for walking, jogging or biking. For more info on park hours, check out the Greenville NC website.
HOW CAN I PAY MY RENT?
- Rent is due on the first of every month and can be paid in the office with check or money order. You also have the option to make a one-time payment or setup automatic recurring payments via our online Resident Portal. Just click the Current Residents tab on the left hand side of our website and you will be redirected.
DO I NEED A LEASE GUARANTOR?
- We screen all our applicants and require a guarantor or additional security deposit on all leases. The security deposit varies by floor plan. You can ask a leasing specialist by calling our office today!
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN RENT?
- There are several extras that are included in our rental rates! Furniture, cable and internet along with water, sewer, trash, recycling and pest control are included. Electricity is direct billed back to each resident.
WHAT WILL BE IN THE FURNITURE PACKAGE?
- The furniture package will include a queen-size bed, dresser, desk, and chair as well as a dining table and chairs, sofa, coffee table and media center.
IS RENTER'S INSURANCE REQUIRED?
- Yes, our community requires each resident carry an active tenant liability policy for damage to the landlord’s property during the term of their lease. We require a minimum of $100,000 in general liability coverage and also recommend contents coverage, or personal property insurance. To facilitate this process for you, we have partnered with a national insurance provider who specializes in renters insurance coverage - ePremium Insurance. ePremium has made their ePremiumRENTERS™ plan available to all residents at a preferred rate, which not only satisfies the lease requirement, but also includes contents coverage.
- To obtain a policy with ePremium, you can complete the process online or over the phone in less than 5 minutes! Enroll in ePremium Renters Insurance Online or call (800) 319-1390.
- Please note that you are under no obligation to enroll in coverage with ePremium. You may satisfy the lease requirement by obtaining a personal renters insurance or liability insurance policy of your choice and providing proof of coverage for the duration of your lease.
- To submit proof of liability insurance from another provider, please click here to provide the requested policy information and to upload a copy of your Declaration Page.
Important Documents & Disclosures
Past Resident Portal
If you are a past resident, please click here to be redirected to our payment portal for past residents.
View photos of University Park Student Apartments - Off-Campus Housing near East Carolina University (ECU) in Greenville, NC.